|Abschluss||Doctor of Business Administration|
|Start||Frühjahr und Herbst des jeweiligen Jahres|
|Ort(e)||Cheltenham (UK), Zurich (CH)|
|Preis pro Semester||CHF 6’500 (Semestergebühr exklusive Reisekosten)|
What is a DBA?
The Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) is a doctoral degree.
The DBA was originally developed by Harvard University to recognize the research and knowledge needs of business management practitioners.
The DBA program corresponds to a conventional PhD program; however it focuses on the application of business theory in practice, policy or strategy within the context of the individual’s workplace or another professional practice. The DBA is strongly anchored in the world of business.
The US Department of Education recognizes the DBA as „equivalent“ to the PhD, and the British Economic and Social Research Council recognizes PhD and DBA programs equally at approved institutions.
The DBA offered through Kalaidos University provides seasoned practitioners and working professionals the opportunity to go to the next level in their academic and career progression. Designed to be both time and cost efficient, this DBA offers a high quality, rigorous program for entrepreneurs, consultants, and business people.
Academic title: The title Doctor in Business Administration is a regular officially recognized title and should be used as Dr. in front of the name.
Prof. Peter K. Link, Director & Head of Postgraduate Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
031 537 35 16
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university or university of applied sciences
- Plus an Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) or Consecutive Master degree in Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited university or university of applied sciences
- Alternatively: EMBA, MA or MSc in an allied business subject area (Economics, Accounting, etc.)
- At least 3-4 years professional practice on middle management level, or ability to demonstrate professional competence of a high standard in the relevant research area.
- English Certificate (if English is not first language)
- On CEFR level C1 which is equivalent to IELTS 6.5, TOEFL (paper based test 600, computer based test 250, internet based test 100), Cambridge CAE Certificate in Advanced English or the Cambridge BEC Higher Business English Certificate + adequate working experience in English
- Interview with a representative from the International Management Institute / Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences
- Quality / level of Master Thesis
- Quality / level of Research Proposal
For further information please read the enclosed factsheet in the download section!